Friday 4 November 2011

PDI one

I had my first Personal Development Meeting this week.

It's been an odd week for PDI, as in the job that pays the bills, the topic of personal development has been recently discussed, and considered to be somewhat insignificant.  But I don't do work here.

So the other day I took the afternoon off and paid a visit to 121, my first time going beyond the double doors at reception.  It looks like an insurance office from 1930 that has been given a modern tweak.  Depite going into the meeting with one of those "what am I doing here?" feelings, mixed in with a dose of "you're wasting everyone's time again Spot." I think it went well, and I felt a lot better afterwards.

One thing that I took away was the question of "what is plan B?" or what happens should I not be accepted.   I don't really have a plan B.  I see this whole process as a chance to learn a bit more about myself, whether or not God wants me to go any further.  He's currently throwing a lot of opportunities in my direction, and I'm keen to try as many as practical that come along.  In six months time, if I get told No, then I'm going to be disappointed, and I'll certainly spend time self reflecting, but there's other things I can do, either falling back into my original church roles, or going off and soing something different.

And spending too much time thinking about plan B means that you can lose sight of plan A.  I'm happy enough knowing I'm not painting myself into a corner.

So that's why there's no plan B.  I don't see me as having a direction.  This is one big journey and I'm out to enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment