Sunday 13 November 2011

(Over)confidence

So as I drove to Hillside, to play my small part in the Remembrance Service,  there was a grumbling in the stomach and a strange unease.  Certainly an unfamiliar sensation.

After a short distance, the thought hit me. I don't believe it - I'm getting stage fright!  Me!  Overconfident, with an ego the size of a house and a brass neck to boot.  So I did the only thing you can do in those things.  Pray the Test Pilot's prayer*, throw the whole thing into God's hands and let him help.


And it seemed to work.

Smooth calm.  After that, everything else went well, with praise from the back row.

So don't get overconfident. And let God do the rest.

* Dear God. Don't let me mess this up. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. :) good prayer: short, to the point, does what it says on the tin.
    Wish we could do more of those in church! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original Test Pilot version was marginally more floral... ;-)

    ReplyDelete