Monday 3 October 2011

Expheckinscuseme?

After a pleasant morning at Hillside Kirk, I went round to met someone at another parish. Inside, there was a group of people wrapping shoe boxes in Christmas paper for Samaritans Purse. Having some time on my hands, I got myself a cup of tea and went over to help wrap boxes.

I was sitting on the floor making a mess out of box, paper and tape when Cynthia, one of the church office bearers came over. I know this person in passing, but not that well. She was floating around, overseeing everything that was going on, but not actually taking part. She saw me, came over and perched herself on a table above me. After an exchange of pleasantries “Hi Spot, how’s the bike?” (Thanks, I’m) “Fine, how are you doing” she said “This is where I like my men. At my feet…”

WTF?

You don’t really know me. Stop passing out catty, sexist insults, grab a box and some paper and either become part of the solution, or remain in the way.

So at what point is it appropriate for me to ask “Do you know where I like my women? Take this cup to the kitchen and find out in person”

No comments:

Post a Comment