Monday 24 October 2011

Readings

Sunday was my first speaking part at Hillside Kirk. The new testament reading.

I've done readings in church before, but this was a bit more real. While I feel that I'm among friends at Hillside, it's not the same group of people that I've known for the past 8 years at my home kirk. Having seen my attempts at the projector, Home Kirk is used to me making a hash of things.

So it went good enough. Things to note...

While it may be easier printing the reading out beforehand, and it's great to recycle, I had used the back of the Official Secrets Act as printing paper.

Make sure you know whether it's you, the minister, or someone else that introduces the reading.

But you spoke clearly and slowly, pausing for

emphasis where required. The important thing was that Beverley was up the back, and she heard every word.

If you are to speak with authority, make sure they can hear you.

No comments:

Post a Comment