Tuesday 18 October 2011

Busy Weekend. Part 2


Mrs G mentioned it already but when you get a chance for parking in St Andrews, you've just got to take advantage of it.  We had driven to St Andrews on the bike, and when we arrived, there were a group of Honda Goldwings parked up, and their owners were rattling a tin for Cancer Research.  They waved me over and asked me to add my 'wing to their display.  Unfortunately, I believe that muck adds a few mph at the top end, so I'm reluctant to chip the muck off for anyone.  So there I was parked alongside some stunning examples of the art of custom motorcycle building, with a bike that was so filthy, the grand-daughter of one of the bikers told me to wash my bike before taking it out again. That's me told then...

All the kids liked my bike though.  Probably something to do with the box of sweets on the back.

The Goldwing Misfits are a really great bunch of folk that enjoy their bikes, and use their time, talents and resources to help out other folk.  And they were having a whole load of fun at the same time. Something everyone should consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment