Wednesday 4 December 2013

Presbytery

If there was one good thing about Presbytery, it was my colleagues footwear.  She had on the most amazing pair of purple tartan Doc Marten's.  Sitting amongst a group of colleagues where our office wear is predominately either black (for pulpit, crematorium and graveside) or dark navy blue (school assemblies and hospital visits) it was a pleasant change to see something strikingly different. 

The rest of the evening was spent rumbling feet in agreement with decisions and deliverances that had been made by sub-committees. I'm not a member of Presbytery, I'm just an observer, so I can't officially get involved in the debate.  I don't even rumble my feet, which makes me feel like I'm abstaining or objecting.  I hope nobody notices.

Perhaps this is just a quiet spell.  Perhaps it would have been a bit more lively when Presbytery plans were being drawn up.  Tonight was just a little too quiet.  I'd hate to be involved in an assembly where nobody ever spoke. I would feel obliged to come out with an expressly controversial opinion, just to try to get some sort of debate going.

If you'll excuse me, I'm off to buy some shoes for next Presbytery.

  Source: Wikipedia



1 comment:

  1. I often wear sparkly shoes, in the pulpit and to presbytery and in fact I wore some to my ordination!

    ReplyDelete