Thursday 5 December 2013

Lap Dancing Discounts

My dear old Gran hits 100 next week, so today after having a brew with some local candidates, I went greetings card shopping. 

I picked up a tasteful card, handed over my money and the card was handed back to me in a small plastic bag.  Upon leaving the store I looked into the bag and as well as the tasteful card, I looked down upon a card depicting a dancer's bare arse.

WTF?

(Mrs G has pointed out that she was wearing a thong.  I suppose that makes a difference.)

So I returned to the store, and the lady behind the counter told me she it was her other employer and she was told to put them in the bags.  I dumped the cards on the counter but I wish I had kept them, if only for evidence.

I've been around, I've seen a lot, and I'm not much of a prude, and I'm aware that businesses have to engage in upselling to promote their business.  But do they really think we are taking my Gran to a lap dancing bar for her hundredth?

No comments:

Post a Comment