Monday 1 April 2013

(Un)Employment

As of today, I am no longer a Civil Servant.  I have taken redundancy, so I have a P45 stating my last day of work to be 31/3/2013.  On April Fools Day, I am starting in earnest my search for work, mainly because I'm going to get bored very quickly otherwise.

Also on the feast day of Saint Gilbert (famed for defeating a dragon and whose relics were venerated until the Reformation), one of my good friends is starting employment today and I wish them all the best, as they have been training for years to get to this stage.  You'll be awesome.

So, between the two of us, we have had no effect on the levels of unemployment in the UK.  This may in some way be an act of balance on a cosmic level.  Or it's just one of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment