Thursday 4 August 2011

Day Four. Numbers

So where else to sit and read Numbers than that Edinburgh building known only by its number, 121. I didn't see a bible there either, but I didn't do much searching.  There was three copies of "Life and Work" which is almost an acceptable substitute.

When I read Judges, I'll do it in a court house,the letter to the Corinthians will be in the Post Office, and I'll read Romans in Pizza Hut.


Today we had numbers.  Lots and lots of numbers.  Censuses of all the people present at that time went to show that there were a shed-load of genuine, original Red Sea pedestrians.

Also, at this point it becomes abundantly clear that you should be grateful for the food you have, don't go whinging because you don't have meat, fish, or cheeseburgers.  And under no circumstances do you want to piss off God.  He's a good and caring God, so be happy with what you've got.

But the best bit of all has to be the talking donkey.
 Hoping for Shrek tomorrow as I head into Deuteronomy 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment