Friday 5 August 2011

Day Five. Deuteronomy

The whole of Deuteronomy today as I wasn't stopping at chapter 32 out of 34, leaving Moses alone on a hillside.

The parent says "...be careful crossing the road."

The teacher says "...study hard."

The wise man says "...don't feed them after midnight."

The mad scientist says "...don't cross the streams."

They all have one last attempt at reminding those in their care of the important rules.

Moses spends Deuteronomy reminding the Israelites of God's rules, and why it's exceptionally important to pay attention.

But we all know that as soon as they are out of house/school/shop/converted firestation/the Jordan it will be "rules?  I don't remember no rules...

Well done Moses.  You got them this far, and you tried hard.

But I particularly liked the idea of stoning rebelious teenagers.  I might not state that on my Disclosure form....

I will admit that today was a bit of a slog.

Tomorrow it's on to Judges 9

No comments:

Post a Comment