Monday 20 May 2013

Live blogging from the GA



OK, so I tried to get in, but the visitor passes were sold out.  Instead I’m people watching around New college.  There’s a few protesters outside, looking as if they are all from one church, with a couple of more hardy souls having a go at the door steward.  The door steward seems entirely unconcerned.  
 
One of the journalists is rehearsing her lines on the stairs up to the GA hall, a cameraman is fiddling with his equipment below her.  Now she has walked past the camera and is reciting lines off to a non existent viewer.  John Knox is viewing something over on the other side.

The protesters have appeared to be the lunchtime shift only.  They were gone at 2pm.
 
I’ve overheard two ministers.  “There was a free lunch at the Free Kirk.  But I found myself in the middle of a “Forward Together” meeting so I went for a smoke!”

Some of the students appeared pre-exam.  one or two were in the sanctuary of the library.  There's more dog collars round here than Battersea Dogs Home.

A couple of journalists were discussing the method of voting.

Now I've escaped to the national Library.  More may follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment