Monday 20 May 2013

How's my Protesting?


After escaping from New College and meeting Nik for a brew, I returned.  The protest fnished at 2pm, but I still couldn't get into the public gallery.  I had a good blether with a few delegates and stewards.  

Someone took exception to someoe else having a crafty fag, so  when they weren't looking, a no-smoking sign appeared where the smoker once stood.  To some, gay clergy was not the only burning issue today.  Burning tobacco was also a cause for passive conflict.

I was sitting in New college, watching the webcast of the procedings, with one of the current crop of candidates.  It was odd, but I'd went past the lockers, and I saw theirs empty, with their lock removed.  That's when it hit me.  Someone that I've always known at New College has now finished their exams, and are now off to probation.  It makes this a bit more real when you actually know someone starting probation!  So good luck to them, wherever they may roam.

No comments:

Post a Comment