Tuesday 8 January 2013

It's a Sign

Today I saw a sign.

I was in a lift.  It's a sign I've been seeing for at least the past four years, probably even more than that, as I can't remember if it was there before the lift refurbishment.  But today I actually paused, observed,  and considered it's meaning.

There's a sign on the wall that is designed to glow in the dark, so in an emergency, I'm going to be able to read it's message.  I'm in a lift that has lighting, and probably even has emergency lighting.  So the chance of me seeing the sign glowing of its own devices are pretty slim. 

Yet, it's comforting to know that, if I ever find myself in an emergency situation, trapped in a lift, with no power, and no backup lighting, there will be a calmiing green glow from the corner of the tin box. The sign could be a bit more useful.  Using pictures of running stick men, it says:

"It's an emergency, you should have taken the stairs."

There's nothing like good advice...



No comments:

Post a Comment