Monday 4 June 2012

It's time.

Yesterday I was feeling that I would be glad the whole enquiry process would be over, one way or the other.  It's almost a year since I went to the Enquirers conference.  Tomorrow and I'll be at conference, where my call will be well and truly tested. But today I'm feeling much more positive, on the verge of something big.

I've had a few trial runs of my discussion topic, throwing the idea off random people, friends, and even a retired Provost from Perth.  I've stored away their responses, so I'm ready for a few odd answers as I chair my debate.

This isn't going to be a tick-box exercise.  In the interviews, I will really have to sell myself.

All I can do now is pray the prayer that Lynn gave me.

Dear God,

Give me the strength to do outrageous things.

Amen.

(But not too outrageous - not until I get the yes vote!)

2 comments:

  1. Every blessing for the conference.
    Be yourself, and be the best of yourself. Don't be reticent about displaying your passion for the work you feel called to.
    And a we word of advice for the discussion - make sure everyone gets included and don't let anyone 'dominate'.
    And remember, it's not about 'beating' anyone - everyone has the possibility of being selected, so mutual support and encouragement is the order of the day.
    And when it comes to reflecting on how tasks have gone, you can never write too little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Mrs G reminded me Gods got your back, am with you in prayer

    ReplyDelete