Thursday 30 June 2011

Enquirers Conference (Part Four)

So what next?

*********************************************************************

TO: Vocation @ Church of Scotland
From: Spot
Subject: Extended Enquiry

Having attended the recent Enquirers Conference, I’ve given the whole calling thing some thought. I feel I’d like to enter into a period of Extended Enquiry, heading in the direction of Ordained Local Ministry. Can you please send me the application pack.

*********************************************************************

I've taken the red pill – Let's stay in Wonderland and I see how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

3 comments:

  1. which one's the red pill? Does it make you bigger or smaller? There's theology in there somewhere, I'm sure! All the best with the Enquiry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a reference to the film "The Matrix" Morpheus offers Neo a choice of a blue or a red pill. Blue and he goes back to an ordinary life, red opens his eyes to the reality of the Matrix. Probably a whole load of theology, but too deep for my as yet untrained brain!

    Good film, but I'm told the sequels stink!

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here was me thinking it was something to do with Alice's adventures! D'oh!

    ReplyDelete