Thursday 10 April 2014

Noah

Showing of Noah cancelled due to flood.  Seriously.

I suppose the tale of Noah is always going to be a hard one to film.  I did like it, but in order to fill a
decent movie length, there are going to have to be some liberties taken with the story.  The whole story is there, with a bit of fantasy effects to pad it out.

Conservative Christians have attacked the movie for including reference to Noah planting a vineyard and getting naked and pished. They say it's not in the story.  I beg to differ.   We do tend to leave that bit out for the Sunday School audience. 

I was surprised how busy the cinema was for the 4:15 showing on a Wednesday, especially for a film that is biblically inspired.  There were more than a few crosses on display in the audience...

So while I enjoyed it, I enjoyed it as a movie.  The visual effects were good and the acting reasonable.  I would like to see the same director given a chance to do a remake of The Ten Commandments, especially his take upon the plagues.

I go to the cinema for entertainment, and I received my money's worth.  If I want the real tale, I will read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment