Friday 2 December 2011

So you want to work In Cheltenham

From the BBC today, GCHQ has laid down a challenge to codebreakers in order to raise its profile and attract new staff.  The website, http://www.canyoucrackit.co.uk/ invites you to break a code, in theory leading you on to another page  where you can apply for a job .


And then once you've got your head around all those numbers (is that hex I see before me?),  the lucky winner gets presented with this page...

Yes, that is a screenshot of the real page. I would have carried on with the application process, but I'm still trying to get my head around the Kirk enquiry process.  And while it's a nice place to visit, I'm not too sure I want to live in Cheltenham.  If GCHQ wants to get in touch, you already know where I work.  (Sorry chaps, I cheated.)

Things that I learned today...

GCHQ's enquiry process is harder that the C of S.

Q would probably frown on Bond using Google...

No comments:

Post a Comment