Thursday 21 July 2011

This Stuff Just Got Real

A letter arrived today from the place known to those in the inner circle as "One Two One" informing me who will be guiding me through my Extended Enquiry. 

Now I'm less confident than I was.  Has God made a big mistake?  He's got 7,000,000,000 other folk to keep an eye on, surely there's someone better for the job.  I'm just wasting people's time.

Really?

I'm a lousy follower. 

What do you want me for?

Nineveh, Me? 

Yes, I've read your number one best seller a few times, but do you really think I'm taking it all in?

I'm going to go along, be pleasant and see what happens.   Suddenly I'm feeling a lot less sure of myself.

But there's still something in the back of my mind pushing me along. And that's the bit that's scary.

2 comments:

  1. No you're not one of 7 billion; the earth's population only reaches that at Halloween!

    BTW, all you say, I said...look where it's got me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Spot, go! :)
    I recommend you read 'Under the Unpredictable Plant' by Eugene Petersen - who uses the Jonah story as a framework for call through his book. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete