Saturday 30 July 2011

Enquiry. The prequel

I met with the minister that is going to be steering me through this Extended Enquiry thing.  I'm not going to mention names or places, but I will say that they have a load of life and ministerial experience, and I'm sure they will be an inspiration.

Still, deep down, I have two thoughts.  One is that I'm doing the right thing, and the thought that has been with me this past few months, that this is the right path to follow, remains true.  The other is that I'm wasting a lot of peoples time, and I'd be better off walking awy and pretending it never happened. 

It's sort of like having an angel and a demon on each shoulder.  Whispering their take on life in your ear. 

But which tale belongs to the demon, and to which the angel...

My head is officially up my...

A closing prayer, from my American friend...

I pray that God gives you the strength to do outrageous things.

Amen to that.

2 comments:

  1. Amen indeed!
    you are doing the right thing - extended enquiry is all about helping you work through your jumbled thoughts/fears/uncertainties/and for that matter certainties.

    The trickiest thing I found was keeping it all secret from my then employer - I felt I was not be true to them and coulld not reveal the real me. (I had only just started with them and there were only 4 of working together in a small office!) Thankfully it was only part time.

    Enjoy the time and I pray everything becomes clear for you.
    Blessings
    Shuna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Shuna,

    I'm fortunate that I work in a large enough office that they can do without me occasionally.

    I'm not broadcasting what I'm doing, but I'm not afraid to tell folk if they ask.

    One of my colleagues, a part time musician, was particularly ammused when I said I was like the Blues Brothers - I'm on a mission from God!

    ReplyDelete