Monday 15 September 2014

261 children

There's 261 Nigerian children still missing that were abducted in mid April.  Their only "crime" was to have the audacity to believe that they were entitled to an education.  Boko Haram begs to differ.


That was the part of the message yesterday that I felt I was really being lead towards speaking.  The rest felt like 59 minutes of padding.  It was just one of those weeks where the sermon I was planning on giving took a sudden change in direction at a point in the week where it was just far too late to do anything about it.  So as a result, it felt a bit disjointed, or somehow lacking.

I don't think it was a bad service, but it was just too far into the week for me to change everything and start again.  I'm not yet confident enough to go completely off script and just wing it.  Perhaps next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment