Monday 14 October 2013

Placement Begiins

So I started my placement the other week at Lowry (North) church.  It wasn't my first choice of placement, but it was getting difficult finding places where I hadn't already lead worship, been on placement, or been at Mrs Gerbil's placement.  I had planned on avoiding Lowry (North) as the minister was my presbytery rep for my meetings with 121, however 121 had other ideas.

So, I met with Stephen, the minister, and he gave me the guided tour.  There's plenty to keep me busy, with the usual fayre of Board, Session and Guild.  A pretty good selection of youth groups, three schools, a couple of care homes, and a group of Methodists that are having their church renovated and will be using Lowry (North) for worship.  There's also a regular cafe that does a pretty reasonable bowl of soup, and once they learn that vegetables are the devil's excrement, and that side salad never belongs on a plate, then their plain cheese sandwiches will be prefect.

So I can see things I want to learn, things that will challenge me, and things I want to change. I am trying to get all the daytime things visited early on.  I am getting a bit bored with retirement, so I am looking for a bit of work.  Three job interviews are coming over the next 7 days.  We'll see what happens with them.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the interviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta! I'm alarmingly unqualified for all three, but there's no harm in tackling an interview with the attitude that you've got nothing to lose...

      Sort of like how I found myself becoming an OLM...

      Delete