Thursday 26 January 2012

Chaplaincy visit

(source BBC)
(This is one of those posts where confidentiality reigns over the needs of a journal)

The other week I met up with a couple of our local hospital chaplains.  Now I'm not exactly the biggest fan of hospitals, hate needles, blood or anything even remotely medical and I hide under a cushion when there's anything gory happening.  So I had been putting off the whole visiting a hospital thing.  Yes, I know I'm not there for me, yes, I know I'm there for the people, and yes I know I'm just expressing a bit of God's love to those I'm visiting.  I know.  I just don't particularly like it.

I'm a big feckin' jessie.

The chaplains that I met were great.  Very easy people to talk to, and from walking around, they are liked by patients and the staff.  And while they come from a variety of faith backgrounds, they work together to share the love.  Something we are often not too great at doing outwith the hospitals.

I'm thinking that if I'm going forwards, I should consider some sort of chaplaincy placement. 

1 comment:

  1. Do it Spot - I had a big deep amazing learning thinking awesome time. I wouldn't swap the experience even for chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete