Monday 6 July 2009

St Giles' Cathedral, Edinburgh

This is a cafe that I keep forgetting about when I'm in Edinburgh, althought I tend to avoid the Royal Mile. Situated in the basement of St Giles' Cathedral is a very nice cafe. I visited last week when the weather was at its warmest, and it was really nice to enter the cooler air inside. The entrance to the cafe is in the southeastmost corner, beside The Thistle Chapel.

I was served a generous bowl of soup and a cup of tea which hit the spot. Looking around, the sandwiches prepared for other people looked good as well. The service was quick and the staff were friendly.

Location - St Giles' Cathedral, Royal Mile, Edinburgh

Hours - Monday to Saturday - 9.30 am to 5 pm
Sunday - 11 am to 5 pm

Telephone Number: 0131 225 5147

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment